Booking Terms and Conditions 2018
The following terms apply to all Camping Holidays in the UK and the lead person must be over the age of 21 and be the authorised legal guardian for any child attending a Campmates Holiday.
- Campmates supply all Tents and Camping Equipment as per our advertising and it is NOT possible for guests to bring extra Tents or Gazebos of any sort.
- Each booking includes one car parking space and a surcharge will apply for extra cars or visitors and these charges will be paid directly to the Campsite on your arrival.
- Unfortunately we do not allow dogs at any Campmates location.
- All guests can check in after 2.30pm on the arrival day and must vacate tents by 10.30am on the day of your departure.
- Campmates take no responsibility whatsoever for damage, loss or theft of items belonging to guests.
- Guests are entirely responsible for their own property and the behaviour of their party at all times. If you experience any problems you must report them to either a Campmates member of staff immediately.
- To avoid any accidents, we ask all parents to make sure that ALL CHILDREN are fully supervised when the sun goes down and they DO NOT run between tents or disturb other sleeping guests.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday without consultation and with immediate effect if you or any member of your party act inappropriately towards other guests, staff or any property not belonging to them.
- Cutting or damaging trees and other vegetation is strictly prohibited and the natural conditions are not to be disturbed.
- The Campsite owners are wholly responsible for all of the facilities, structures, play areas, roads and the general safety on the Campsite. If you see any problems or likely hazards, please inform a Campsite or Campmates employee immediately.
- If you or any member of your party choose to participate in any of the activities hosted by Campmates, we are not responsible or liable in anyway whatsoever in the unlikely event of an accident, injury or death, .
- It is solely your resonsibility to monitor your child/children and to ensure that they do not injury themselves. Some of the equipment you will be provided with can be dangerous and we accept no responsibility for accidents ocurring due to parent negligence or lack of supervision.
- Excessive alcohol, aggressive behaviour and bad language is not accepted on our holidays and any guest found committing any of these actions will be at serious risk of immediate holiday cancellation without any form of notice and refund whatsoever.
- A booking is only confirmed when we receive a deposit or full balance payment from you. A confirmation email of your booking will be sent to the email address used by you at the point of booking.
- All prices are based on the number of people sharing a Tent/room and we cannot amend bookings after the final balance has been paid.
- All balance payments are due at least 28 days before you arrive, so if you are booking a holiday within 29 days of travelling, you will need to pay the full amount at the time of booking.
- If the final balance is not paid at least 28 days before you arrive, we will accept this as a cancellation and you will lose your full deposit and any other payments made towards your booking.
- We cannot accept any cancellations within 28 days of your travel date for any reason whatsoever. Please see our cancellation terms below.
- If you bring an extra person without informing us in advance or a visitor stays over night without permission from a Campmates employee, you will be charged an extra £25 per night. This must be paid immediately or we will see this as a breach of contract and your holiday will be terminated with immediate effect.
- We strongly recommend all guests take out a relevant Travel Insurance policy.
Cancellation by you due to inclement weather, transportation failure, non-arrival of party members and arrival after the due date are not eligible for any refunds whatsoever.
If you cancel more than 29 days of arriving
If you inform us by email or recorded letter more than 29 days before your arrival date that you wish to cancel your holiday you will lose either your booking deposit or 30% of the total holiday cost, whichever is greater. If you have paid more than 30% towards your holiday, we will reimburse you for the difference and this will be done within 7 days of us confirming that we acknowledge your cancellation.
If you cancel within 29 days of arriving
If you cancel your holiday within 29 days or arriving, you will lose 100% of your holiday and we strongly recommend that you take out a suitable travel insurance policy. A part refund may only be considered if you have to cancel your holiday within 29 days of arriving due to a medical or immediate family emergency. Part refunds are calculated at 50% of the total holiday costs and to qualify for this, you must notify Campmates at the earliest opportunity and produce an official explanation by a Doctor, Solicitor or official Police Report, without these we cannot offer any refund whatsoever.
If we have to cancel your holiday for any reason, you will be offered an alternative date, an equivalent holiday at a Campsite close by or a full refund.
Special Requests and Medical Problems
If you or any member of your party has any special request, you must advise us at the time of booking and clearly note it on you booking form. All special requests are subject to availability. If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your holiday, please tell us before you confirm your booking so that we can advise as to the suitability of the chosen arrangements. In any event, you must give us full details in writing at the time of booking. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we must reserve the right to decline their reservation or, if full details are not given at the time of booking, cancel when we become aware of these details.
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss (as more fully described in Clause 9) as a result of “force majeure”. In these Booking Conditions, “force majeure” means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
When your holiday comes to an end, we ask that all equipment supplied to you is handed back in the same condition as when you arrived. We only have hours between your departure and new guests arriving so it is vital that all Camping Equipment is returned clean and ready to reuse. When you arrive and check in, you will be shown around your tent and asked to agree the condition of the equipment that Campmates supply. If any damages occur during your holiday by you or anyone in your party, you will be required to pay for a replacement before you leave the Campsite. Payments must be made by cash or debit/credit cards onsite before you leave to go home.
If You Have A Complaint
In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your holiday whilst away, you must immediately to a member of our staff. Any verbal notification must be put in writing and given to them as soon as possible. If the complaint or problem is not resolved to your satisfaction straight away, you must contact us with full details by telephone or fax as soon as possible, or at least within 48 hours. Until we know about a problem or complaint, we cannot assist and therefore cannot be held liable. If you remain dissatisfied by our response, however, you must write to us within 28 days of your return home giving your booking reference and full details of your complaint.
During your Campmates Holiday, members of our staff may take promotional photographs of guests enjoying themselves for our website and social media such as Facebook. We never reveal the names of any guests however if you would NOT like you or any of your family members to be displayed in any Campmates promotional material, please let us know.